--ANNOUNCEMENT: We will be continuing this sale on Sunday, Sept. 7, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Response has been great so far, but we have many wonderful things left—and most items are half price!
NEXT SALE: ANNAPOLIS
WE RETURN TO HISTORIC ANNAPOLIS Friday, Sept. 5, from 6 to 8 p.m., & Saturday, Sept. 6, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. This 1920 home, 3 doors from The State House on East Street, has wonderful antiques, glass, china, & pottery, outdoor furniture, lots of white wicker, a huge seashell collection, baskets, books, electronics, men's & women's clothes, costume jewelry, tools, fabulous small things & architectural details. There are also several very fine area rugs & carpets we've had cleaned.
Please check out the list below. This is a very interesting sale!
Unusual dry sink opens with mirrored lid!
Matching leather set (color is that of sofa; chair photographed in poor light)
(Return to see more photos.)
ITEMS IN THE SALE INCLUDE:
* Antique cupboard, 4'6" w x 1'9" d x 7'4" tall
* Country DR table, 3'4" w x 7' long (top is one piece, no leaves)
* 6 Victorian spindle-back DR chairs (some have wooden seats replacing the wicker seats)
* 2 upholstered DR arm chairs (one has damaged upholstery)
* Modern velvet armless side chair, several antique wood side chairs, pr. tall red kitchen bar stools with backs, unusual wood & metal tall swivel arm chair, antique child's high chair, child's rocker, antique rocker with rush seat & back, modern round side chair, antique round needlepoint chair, leather wing back chair (almost new), leather LaZBoy chair, antique folding desk with stool
* Green leather sofa & matching chair by Hickory Craft, modern red velvet sofa, dbl/full futon
* Antique sideboard, 4' w x 4' long (approximate) with great hardware
* Antique corner cabinet, 3'4" w x 6'6" tall
* Antique watchmaker's desk with unusual roll-top & drop-leaf work surfaces
* Antique white painted sideboard with interesting carvings on the Queen Anne legs
* Antique red painted cabinet, 3'7" w x 11" d x 3'4" long (has unique locking mechanism so drawers don't fall out)
* Antique linen press cabinet, 4' w x1'9" d x 5'5" tall
* Antique hall tree with mirror & seat with storage below, 2'9" w x 1'9" d x 6'8" tall
* Antique dry sink with marble insert and fold-down top with mirror (photo shows it closed)
* Antique pie safe, 3'3" w x 1'9" d x 4' tall
* Antique metal dbl/full bed (headboard, footboard, frame
* Antique brass wood box with lid
* Antique blanket chest
* Antique 6-panel hand painted room divider, 7' tall (needs several pins for hinges)
* Pine armoire (not old) with clothes storage above & drawers below (NOT a TV cabinet), 4'2" w x 2' d x 6' tall
* Several small tables & side cabinets includ. an unusual pedestal table with wood lantern backsplash, tall 4-sided wood plant stand, antique round side table with painted top, antique white painted round side table, painted game table
* Eastlake towel bar, Eastlake wall cabinet, Eastlake dresser with mirror (2'10" w x 2'7" d x 6'4" tall)
* Crystal chandelier from Czechoslovakia (asking $2,000)
* Area rugs & carpets (all just cleaned) includ. Turkish Dhurrie ($1,850), Indian Dhurrie ($500), Persian ($2,000), Indo High Twist ($1,500), newer Dhurrie ($250), several smaller & less expensive rugs
* Stone, plaster, and wood wall reliefs
* Wicker chairs, some rockers, wicker hampers, trash cans, wicker cabinet
* Electronics: 26" LG flatscreen TV, Samsung 32" flatscreen TV
* Glass serving pcs., china dishes & serving pcs., pottery, silver-plate flatware, vases, candles, candlesticks, stemware, pewter
* Antique crocks
* Antique wood boxes of varying sizes, antique trunk with new lining
* Baskets, some very old, most medium & large sizes
* Huge shell collection: shells in bags, starfish, pieces of coral, boxes covered with shells, etc.
* Mirrors, some antique
* Housewares: dishes, pottery serving pieces, glasses, utensils
* Small appliances: Kitchen Aid toaster, Hamilton beach coffee maker with single serve feature, Wolfgang Puck Bistro blender/food processor, Breadman bread machine, Capresso coffee grinder, VillaWare Toastini sandwich maker, George Forman grill (new), Rival crackpot, Breville Juice Fountain, Cusinart Electric Pressure Cooker, Dirt Devil conical cordless hand vac, electric irons, Oxygen Plasma wave by Electrolux
* Antique pendulum wall clock (does not run)
* Table lamps
* Serta Herrington Pillowtop Q mattress & double box springs
* Office: desktop computer system, IBM paper shredder, office supplies
* Eclectic art includ. oils & prints, plaster bust of woman, Winter in Annapolis by Paul McGehee, Chesapeake Bay map colored etching by A. McGeath, original drawing by Peter Koeppen
* Books, some very old
* Horstmann Bros. sword in sheath
* Garden decor: wrought iron plant stands, other wrought iron pieces, planters
* Patio set with square glass & aluminum table, 4 chairs with cushions, umbrella & stand, with matching lounger
* Antique wrought iron garden set with 4 chairs, table, & tea cart (cushions come with chairs)
* Weber gas grill
* Raleigh SC 30 men's mountain/hybrid bike with front fork & seat suspension
* Tools: 5' wood tool bench with 2 vises (like new), hand tools, corded electric tools, yard blowers, garden tools, wet/dry shop vacs, pressure washer, 2 aluminum step ladders, aluminum extension ladder
* Sentry 2180 safe with key
* Hand weights, barbell with weights, exercise ball
East Street is one of the spokes that comes off State Circle in Annapolis, just before Maryland Avenue.
DRIVING TO HOUSE: Come into Annapolis on Rowe Blvd./Rt. 70. Bear right over the College Creek Bridge onto Northwest St. Take Northwest to Church Circle. Go around the circle past Main St. and turn R on School Street (at the Governor's Mansion) to State Circle. Continue around State Circle to right turn on East Street. Parking is as you find it in the neighborhood.
FREE PARKING AT STATE GARAGE: Parking is available for free in the State garage from 6 p.m. Friday through the weekend.
Come in Rowe Blvd./Rt. 70 and go over the College Creek Bridge . Turn L at the traffic light at Calvert St., then L onto St. Johns St. to the garage entrance. The van will pick you up there to take you to the house.
Or, you can WALK the .6 of a mile up St. Johns St., cross College Ave. and continue to State Circle on North St. Turn L on State Circle, pass Maryland Ave. and turn L on East Street. House is in the 90 block of East Street.
Van will run Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to at least 12:30 p.m. (could be extended to 1:30 if demand requires). Van is free but a donation in the jar at checkout is appreciated.